6-6-6-6 Box Breathing - 10-Minute Guided Breath Session - WITHOUT Background MusicJun 15, 2021
In this video, I will guide you through a 10-minute box breathing session.
We are going to breathe together at a 6-6-6-6 box breathing rhythm, meaning:
- inhale for a count of 6
- retain the breath in for a count of 6
- exhale for a count of 6
- retain the breath out for a count of 6
THIS SESSION IS NOT FOR EVERYONE!!
Please do not do this session if you have:
- panic disorder
- poor respiratory function
- or are recovering from severe respiratory illness
LOOKING FOR A LESS CHALLENGING BOX BREATHING SESSION?
Check out this 8-minute guided 4-4-4-4 box breathing session.
Instead of using verbal cues, I am going to guide you exclusively with my breath.
PLEASE NOTE: you will hear my breath on the recording, but it is only audible so that you can easily keep a steady pace. Please do NOT copy my sound. Keep you breath quiet and easy at all times.
This session is WITHOUT background music. If you would prefer a 10-minute guided 6-6-6-6 box breathing session WITH background music, please check out this video instead.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF THIS PRACTICE INCLUDE:
- improved oxygen uptake and gas exchange
- balanced nervous system
- improved vagal tone
- improved CO2 tolerance
- improved baroreceptor sensitivity
- lower blood pressure
- increased sense of inner calm
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE YOU'RE BREATHING:
- Breathe nasally the entire time, with your lips gently closed.
- Try to maintain gentle contact with the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth, right behind your top teeth.
- Use your diaphragm to initiate each inhale, meaning you should feel your belly and lower ribs expand on your inhale and deflate on your exhale.
- Slow your breath down, allowing the inhale and exhale to unfold slowly across each 6-second interval.
- Make your breath quiet. You WILL hear my breath on the recording, but that is merely to guide you. Your breath should be almost imperceptible.
- Find a comfortable breathing position that allows you to relax, feel supported and aligned.