3-3-3-3 Box Breathing - 5-Minute Guided Session - WITH MusicJul 27, 2021
In this video, I will guide you through a 5-minute box breathing session.
We are going to breathe together at a 3-3-3-3 box breathing rhythm, meaning:
- inhale for a count of 3
- retain the breath in for a count of 3
- exhale for a count of 3
- retain the breath out for a count of 3
THIS SESSION IS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO ASSIST WITH:
- chronic hyperventilation
- chronic sinus issues
- poor respiratory function
- recovery from severe respiratory illness
NEED AN EASIER SESSION? TRY THIS ONE INSTEAD!
IF YOU ARE A MORE ADVANCED BREATHER...
Consider practicing this 3-3-3-3 box breath in conjunction with your movement practice instead of statically.
Can you maintain control of your breathing and your breath holds, even while walking, running, cycling, dancing, etc.?
LOOKING FOR A MORE CHALLENGING BOX BREATHING SESSION? Check out my entire playlist of guided breath sessions by clicking here.
THIS SESSION IS WITH BACKGROUND MUSIC. If you would prefer a 5-minute guided 3-3-3-3 box breathing session WITHOUT background music, please check out this video instead.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF THIS PRACTICE INCLUDE:
- improved oxygen uptake and gas exchange
- balanced nervous system
- improved vagal tone
- improved CO2 tolerance
- improved baroreceptor sensitivity
- vasodilation *lower blood pressure
- increased sense of inner calm
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE YOU'RE BREATHING:
- Breathe nasally the entire time, with your lips gently closed. Even if you are experiencing some nasal congestion, do the best you can. Start to reclaim full use of your nose. The more you use it, the more efficiently it will work.
- Try to maintain gentle contact with the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth, right behind your top teeth.
- Use your diaphragm to initiate each inhale, meaning you should feel your belly and lower ribs expand on your inhale and deflate on your exhale.
- Make your breath quiet. You WILL hear my breath on the recording, but that is merely to guide you. Your breath should be almost imperceptible.
- Find a comfortable breathing position that allows you to relax, feel supported and aligned.
FREE BREATH TRAINING
Use Your Breath to Master Stress in this FREE 6-Day Training! Sign up for The Breath Basics 6-Day Challenge today!
BE LIGHT MEMBERSHIP SUPPORT & DONATIONS
If you enjoy or find value in the content I produce, please consider supporting and helping me to expand my channel offerings. You can "BUY ME A COFFEE", by making a one-time donation, or by becoming a monthly or yearly member here.