Coherent Breathing: What? Why? How?Nov 18, 2020
Coherent Breathing. Coherence here means a synchronization or coordination of your diaphragm, heart, lungs and brain, and consequently all the systems of your body. You can reap a lot of benefits from this practice.
Some of the potential benefits of creating a slow and even breath are:
- balanced autonomic nervous system
- reduced sympathetic response (stress response)
- increased parasympathetic response (relaxation response)
- improved vagal tone
- improved heart rate variability
This video is and introduction to the what, why and how of coherent breathing.
For guided coherent breath sessions, please check out these two videos instead:
1. 6 Breaths Per Minute for 10 Minutes
2. 5 Breaths Per Minute for 10 Minutes
Use Your Breath to Master Stress in this FREE 6-Day Training! Check out The Breath Basics 6-Day Challenge today!
Looking for more ways to connect with me? Come find me on Instagram, Facebook and/or YouTube.